
I've been trying to get Madison to drink cow's milk for a couple of months now. I've tried formula, whole milk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk, and vanilla soy milk. I've tried about 6 different sippy cups (Madison won't take bottles) and I've gotten nowhere. With chocolate and strawberry milk she will at least take a sip here and there, unlike the rest which she spits out! She eats pletty of dairy but I would really like her to drink milk. Any suggestions?! I've also tried waiting a few weeks in between and offering it to her a few times each day. Neither seems to work.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Hey moms - any suggestions?!
Posted by Cortney Heintz at 11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I wish I knew. I just keep breast feeding Katilyn until she would drink it. She took chocolate milk. Oh..also try nutrapal, Katilyn really drank those for awhile before she would touch milk, she liked it better than the other ones.
GOOD LUCK:) I know nothing, my kids still won't drink milk:)
ew...hard one for me because my kids really took to the milk as soon as I offered it, and you know Max..give him chocolate or strawberry and he loves it...good luck..there are some that just don't take to milk...
News Flash: She is probably just taking after Uncle Dan (which is, of course, a wonderful thing). I think milk is DISGUSTING and can't remember a time in my life that I liked drinking it--especially straight out of a glass (or any other container). Good work Madison--I'm liking you more all the time.
I know how frustrating it is girl! Just keep offering it to her. I would let her get a little thirsty- cut out the juice and water and see if she takes milk more eagerly. Your doing everything you can and she's getting her dairy so I wouldn't stress it too much. Keep up the good work!
Hey Court,
I actually give my babes that formula for older infants as a sort of transition. They both loved it, then I sort of mixed them gradually until it was just milk. Linc was a bit pickier than Ollie, but it worked for them both. It's hard transitioning gradually from breast milk to cows milk, unless you want to pump or something, I found that impossible for me. Both my boys thought the formula tasted closer to it than cows milk, I guess, it worked for them. Good Luck!
Post a Comment